WHY EON SPORTS RADIO COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
EON Sports Radio is the operator of the digital radio station and App EON Sports Radio and the website www.eonsports.com.au.
EON Sports Radio’s activities include:
- supplying live and delayed sport content;
- providing listeners with in depth sports previews and reviews, interviews and information related to sport; and
- conducting competitions and promotions.
EON Sports Radio collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information in order to carry out the activities listed above and for other purposes which are required or authorised by or under law or for which you have provided your consent.
EON Sports Radio may also use your information for compliance purposes and in-house research and analysis.
This helps EON Sports Radio to:
- improve our understanding of customer needs;
- create marketing profiles;
- support strategic development; and
- ensure EON Sports Radio is complying with the regulatory and legal framework in which it operates.
To enable EON Sports Radio to conduct research we may share your information with third party contractors engaged to help. All results of any such research and analysis will be anonymised or aggregated information and will not reveal any personal details of individual customers.
HOW DOES EON SPORTS RADIO COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Where possible EON Sports Radio will collect your personal information directly from you. For example, if you have sent us an enquiry or contacted us by phone, email or through our website, entered one of our competitions or promotions or participated in one of our surveys we may have collected your name, email address, contact details and your responses/queries.
In addition, some personal information may be collected by use of “Cookies” when you contact EON Sports Radio or our related entities on-line. A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard drive when you visit EON Sports Radio websites (directly or via our applications). EON Sports Radio uses information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- identifying returning users, and subscribers;
- eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details;
- enabling you to move more easily around the website and applications;
- tracking your use of the website to better develop the website and applications in accordance with your requirements;
- building up an anonymous profile based on your browsing patterns across the website, applications and third party websites, which enables EON Sports Radio to make advertisements and content available to you that is more relevant to your interests; and
- enabling targeted services and opportunities to be directly marketed to you based on your browsing history.
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. Bear in mind though, that if you delete them, any settings such as your stored username and password will have to be reset when you next log in.
You will be able to use the website and applications even if your browser is not set to accept cookies. However, certain features and content may not be available to you and you will have to log in every time you visit.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect to:
- promote our products and services and the products and services of our related entities, sporting partners and third parties with which we have commercial agreements;
- conduct competitions and promotions; and
- measure and improve the content on the EON Sports Radio website, App and radio station so EON Sports Radio can provide listeners and users with the best experience possible.
In order to provide these services or fulfil the purposes identified above, EON Sports Radio may also disclose your personal information or some of it to EON Sports Radio’s related entities and third party service providers such as data processors or direct marketing consultants.
If you do not want to receive any of this information, you may opt-out of receiving direct marketing at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer whose details are set out below. You may also opt-out and stop the delivery of future promotional material from EON Sports Radio by following the special instructions in any marketing email you may receive from EON Sports Radio. These instructions will tell you how to remove your name from our database and marketing list.
Once you have told EON Sports Radio you no longer wish to receive information about EON Sports Radio’s services, EON Sports Radio will not send you any further material. EON Sports Radio will keep your basic details in our ‘do not contact’ database so that EON Sports Radio does not contact you again. You can, however, change your mind about receiving information about EON Sports Radio’s services at any time – you just need to let EON Sports Radio know by contacting our Privacy Officer.
DOES EON SPORTS RADIO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE?
EON Sports Radio may disclose your personal information to our related entities, sporting partners, third parties with which we have commercial agreements and third party service providers in certain relevant circumstances and in the provision of our services to you. This may also include disclosure to third party service providers such as data processors for the purpose of entering your information into our databases.
IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
EON Sports Radio takes all reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
EON Sports Radio employs a number of means to protect your personal information, including:
- external and internal premises security;
- restricted access to personal information;
- maintaining a secure computer network to prevent unauthorised access;
- regular reviewing and testing of EON Sports Radio’s software in order to improve the level of security and internal policies in relation to computer use; and
- taking reasonable steps to ensure third parties provide information security of a similar standard.
Please note that there are inherent features of internet communications, including e-mail, which are not secure and may involve your communications being routed through a number of servers and different countries. EON Sports Radio cannot control this and does not guarantee the security of such transmission. Be aware that various encryption methods can be employed to secure that information if you are concerned about it but, once again, EON Sports Radio does not control or particularly recommend any of these and does not warrant their effectiveness.
EON Sports Radio may use the services of overseas data storage and processing services and may maintain databases outside of Australia.
As noted above, you should also be aware that e-mail services and communication over the internet may involve portions of your personal information being routed through servers located anywhere in the world. This is a technical feature of the function of the internet and e-mail and is not a matter within EON Sports Radio’s control.
CAN I ACCESS OR CORRECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
EON Sports Radio may be required by law to retain your personal information for a period of time after you have ceased your relationship with us. After the required time has passed, EON Sports Radio will attend to the secure destruction or deletion of your personal information.
CONCERNS OR REQUESTS FOR ACCESS
Mail: EON Sports Radio Privacy Officer 10 Oxley Road, Hawthorn Vic 3122
CAN I COMPLAIN ABOUT A BREACH OF MY PRIVACY?
EON Sports Radio offers a free internal complaint resolution scheme. Should you have a privacy complaint, please contact EON Sports Radio so EON Sports Radio can try to fix the problem.
To assist EON Sports Radio in helping you, EON Sports Radio asks you to follow a simple three-step process:
- Gather all supporting documents about the matter of complaint, think about the questions you want answered and decide on what you want EON Sports Radio to do.
- Contact the EON Sports Radio Privacy Officer via the contact details outlined above, where your situation will be reviewed and if possible resolved straight away.
- If at this stage the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction, the matter will be referred to a senior manager within EON Sports Radio. We will provide you with the name and contact details of the officer who will investigate your complaint, answer your questions and do all they can to assist you.
WHAT IF I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH THE RESPONSE?
If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to EON Sports Radio, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Mail: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
EON Sports Radio means EON Sports Radio Pty Ltd ACN 608 936 483.
Personal information is any information about you that identifies you or information by which your identity can be determined.
Sensitive Information is personal information concerning your:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinions;
- membership of a political association;
- religious beliefs or affiliations;
- philosophical beliefs; or
- membership of a professional or trade association.